Monday 10 September 2007

Sympathy pains

We've been discussing how far you can go with empathy, in particular pain related sympathy/empathy.

I've laughed more than once at S' keenness to explain that his back pains and growing tummy has everything to do with my pregnancy. But when S had one of his wisdom teeth taken out last week, the infection that turned up in one of my remaining ones was quite unwelcome. I mean, what's the point of that? Isn't that taking it a step too far? :-D

But I suspect I am totally to blame for this one myself, considering the ENORMOUS amount of candy we ate on the way to and back from Norway the week before last...
It's a vicious thing that there's a "Sweden's largest candy store" on the way out of Stockholm when heading down E18 towards Norway... all you have to look forward to is 8 hours of driving, what better way to stay awake is there than candy??

(honestly, I can think of more than a few, but candy is almost always irresistible)

No comments: