Thursday 1 March 2007

Stomach flue

I've been home with a nasty stomach bug the entire week so far. Bleh.
Though, hubby's got it worse so I shouldn't be complaining.

I get surprising amounts of work done, I will have to insist on working from home in the future. Not a lot, because I hope some of my value comes from being accessible by my team and 'being there'. And I'm sure I'd go nuts if I didn't have a job to go to.
But the fact that I don't get disturbed every ten to twenty minutes makes me _finish_ things and it's a wonderful feeling.
I was thinking I might get a chess-timer and punch it every time I get disturbed, just to see how many hours of actual work I fit into an average day.
Umm, not that those "disturbances" aren't my job, because it really is. But to be able to explain to myself exactly why I never seem to have time to finish everything that needs to be done every day.


I will work from home tomorrow too, hopefully my stomach won't do the elevator thing again.

I have had to skip my training as well and I can't help wondering how much that influences how I feel? I should at least make it outside for a brisk walk, just to get the system moved about. But I feel weak just thinking about it at the moment... Bleh!

No comments: