Friday 23 January 2015

To pink or not to pink

Photographer JeongMee Yoon took this portrait of her daughter Seo Woo and Her Pink Things in response to feeling Seo Woo's life was being overtaken by pink.
Photo courtesy JeongMee/Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
I have an issue with pink. I haven't been thinking a whole lot about it, it's been more of a fact, something gathered over time - I just don't like the colour pink.

This has changed though. At some point during the pregnancy with my youngest I have suddenly gone from not liking to accepting that it can be a pleasant colour. What? What happened there?

Pink is such an unnecessarily controversial colour! Why is that?

I just read an article where the author Elisabeth Camp looked at that very fact. :-)
http://aeon.co/magazine/society/should-i-let-my-daughter-wear-pink/

No comments: