Tuesday 27 February 2007

Stranger than fiction

Some movie...!

Stranger than fiction (imdb link) caught me and kept me awake, what a twisted story! I can't help being a little bit in love with Emma Thompson, she plays an impressively screwed up author and her elegant voice almost acts in its own role as "the narrator". Dustin Hoffman plays, well, himself almost? He seems to be typecast this way nowadays, but quite a pleasant professor in this film. Maggie Gyllenhaal plays a very attractive "ornament" (not fair, I know, but) without her the movie would've been horribly dull and colourless. Her character's person and home made absolute perfect sense as the "new life" of Harold Crick, played by Will Ferrell.

Initially I almost found it hard to watch Will Ferrell, but the capturing thing was to realise that the character developed as the film continued its way - probably almost like most fictional characters must develop in their author's minds...

I found myself wondering "how the heck?", "what the..?", "how are they going to..?" all through the film, and the answer - they did! They really pulled it off. :-)

Go watch.



Will Ferrell ... Harold Crick

Maggie Gyllenhaal ... Ana Pascal

Dustin Hoffman ... Professor Jules Hilbert

Queen Latifah ... Penny Escher

Emma Thompson ... Kay Eiffel

No comments: